Who We Are: BentallGreenOak is a leading, global real estate investment management advisor and a globally recognized provider of real estate services. BentallGreenOak has offices in 22 cities across nine countries and three continents with deep, local knowledge, experience, and extensive networks in the regions where we invest and manage real estate assets on behalf of our clients. BentallGreenOak is part of the SLC Management institutional asset management business of Sun Life Financial Inc. For more information, please visit www.bentallgreenoak.com.
BentallGreenOak promotes a corporate culture that attracts and retains the highest caliber people. We encourage opportunities for growth, development and promotion by providing our employees with the resources to work effectively and continually strive to perform better. We are committed to a safe and sustainable work environment.
You will be supervising the day-to-day Operations team for the Sun Life Building of a fully integrated maintenance program that ensures the facilities are always maintained in a safe and comfortable environment and running at optimal efficiency.
What you will do:
- Embrace and pro-actively support BentallGreenOak's culture of environmental sustainability, and corporate and social responsibility
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of a fully integrated maintenance program
- Ensure the facility is always maintained in a safe and comfortable environment
- Assign and carry out daily maintenance duties, monitor mechanical and electrical systems, repairs which can be handled in-house and manage the preventative maintenance program
- Monitor the physical operation of the mechanical, electrical, ventilation, heating, cooling, and life safety equipment
- Manage and conduct fire alarm test of all fire alarm equipment
- Manage all tenant operations related complaints
- Monitor construction to ensure that base building systems are not tampered with or damaged
- Manage and maintain daily logs of all operating equipment
- Ensure that water treatment tests are correctly done, and appropriate action is taken where levels fall outside of acceptable ranges
- Recommend type and quantity of maintenance supplies to be stocked
- Review automated lighting control to ensure it is operating correctly
- Ensure all BAS limits are properly programmed both for tenant comfort, equipment safety, energy efficiency and that all alarms are correctly acted upon
- Respond to emergencies of all types, required to respond to afterhours emergency calls
- Maintain safe and tidy work areas both in the shop and in mechanical/electrical where maintenance duties are performed
- Recommend improvements in mechanical and electrical systems
- Maintain liaison with outside contractors, service contractors and provincial and municipal inspectors
- Co-ordinate monthly operations meetings with the Operations/Property Manager/General Manager
- Ensure that all operations staff are to conduct themselves in a professional manner and maintain a clean, professional appearance always while on the job
- Establish and maintain daily/weekly duties list to be carried out by the operations staff
- Foster good tenant relations and maintain a keep clean, neat appearance always
- Ensure that uniform program is always looked after and meet a Class A appearance
- Assist with budgets and adheres to budget costs
- Manages the personnel in the technical team: participates in employee selection, orientation, initiation, and mobilization, and evaluates their performance; determines training needs and organizes the appropriate activities;
- Schedule operations staff shifts and holidays
- Ensure that tenant environmental concerns are properly addressed in a timely manner and all the components of the systems are functioning as per design; have any defective components repaired or replaced; problem areas will be given special attention and require accurate technical documentation; review all HVAC tenant calls upon completion by staff
- Ensure that all building archives are properly stored and catalogued.
- Ensure that all staff are always treated with respect and dignity and encourage open communication between staff
- The above duties are considered minimal requirements and maybe altered at any time with notice
- Complete understanding and adherence to the Environmental Policy, the Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures relevant to the position as prescribed from time to time
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- 10+ years related experience in all areas of building operations, including chillers, boilers, life safety and controls, pneumatic, electric and electronic ; with supervisory experience
- Relationship Skills – Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships at all levels; ability to exercise confidentiality; displays enthusiasm and has a desire to learn; team player
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- Computer Skills – Intermediate to advanced skills in Word and Excel
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.
- Bilingual – Excellent command of French and English (spoken and written)
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with BentallGreenOak, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through BentallGreenOak's Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.