BOMA BESt® is the leading environmental certification program for commercial buildings.
BOMA BEST® (Building Environmental Standards) is a national program launched in 2005 by BOMA Canada to address an industry need for realistic standards for energy and environmental performance of existing buildings based on accurate, independently verified information.
Today, BOMA BEST® has evolved from simply identifying key best practices to providing common standards; an array of educational and on-line assessment tools; independent data audits; and a four-level performance certification program.
BOMA Canada will officially launch BOMA BEST® 3.0 at BOMEX® 2016 which takes place in Régina from September 20 to 22 2016. Thanks to fresh, cutting edge content on a brand new and vastly improved software platform, version 3.0 features several new components:
- The ability to see multiple buildings, from across the country, in one place.
- Multiple users will be able to work on the same building.
- Users will be able to create performance-related exportable charts and tables.
- Integration with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for water and energy benchmarking ensures that data entry does not need to be duplicated.
- Administrative summaries can be generated by users, providing an overview glimpse of all buildings in that user’s portfolio and the building’s status.
- Documentation supporting a given question can be uploaded directly into the questionnaire.
- Users will have continuous access to the questionnaire throughout the building’s certification cycle. Even once certification has been achieved, users will have open access to the questionnaire throughout the certification period in order to update the questionnaire as improvements are made in the building. This allows for an up-todate understanding of how changes can help improve the building’ score.
What you will notice after the launch
If the building has already achieved a certification in the past, a limited profile of the building (building name and asset class) will already exist in 3.0 the first time the applicant logs on. A record of the most recent certification will be visible (the date of the certification and the level achieved). Applicants will be happy to know that the building information section has been drastically reduced from previous iterations, requiring less time to complete.
- 1er octobre 2016 : All new certifications to throught BOMA BEST® 3.0;
- 28 février 2017 : All BOMA BEST® version 2 evaluations must be "locked";
- 1er mars 2017 : Shut down of BOMA BEST® version 2. Please download a copy of your files on your computer prior to shut down;
- 31 mars 2017 : Close of last evaluations and certifications under BOMA BEST® version 2.
Next official presentation in Montreal : April 18, 2018
The deadline for submissions is Mars 2, 2018
Deadline for the tour of the building in Montreal : April 6, 2018
The certification is available for office buildings, shopping centres, open air retail and light industrial properties.
APPLY NOW or go to your application that’s in progress.
Need to visit a report or questionnaire from a building that was certified to the previous version – ? Click here for Go Green Plus, or Click here for BOMA BEST V2
Click here to consult the database of certified properties in Canada.