Who We Are: BentallGreenOak is a leading, global real estate investment management advisor and a globally recognized provider of real estate services. BentallGreenOak has offices in 22 cities across nine countries and three continents with deep, local knowledge, experience, and extensive networks in the regions where we invest and manage real estate assets on behalf of our clients. BentallGreenOak is part of the SLC Management institutional asset management business of Sun Life Financial Inc. For more information, please visit www.bentallgreenoak.com.
BentallGreenOak promotes a corporate culture that attracts and retains the highest caliber people. We encourage opportunities for growth, development and promotion by providing our employees with the resources to work effectively and continually strive to perform better. We are committed to a safe and sustainable work environment.
Located in the heart of the financial district at the Sun Life building in downtown Montreal, the Assistant Property Manager will report to the Property Manager and will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the day-to-day property management activities for the building. We are looking for someone with strong financial skills and a passion for sustainable building operations.
What you will do:
- Provide support to the Property Manager as directed. Focus on maintaining the day-to-day operation of the portfolio to BentallGreenOak’s standards, ensuring tenant satisfaction and creating operating efficiencies.
- Manage property budgets, review invoices, and ensure payments are made within applicable timelines.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly owners reports, including analysis of financial statements and variance reports.
- Monitoring of lease related payments (i.e. progress billing on work orders, tenant allowances, etc.).
- Liaise with tenants. Issue all standard notifications and follow up communication relating to tenant operational matters.
- Manage parking operations i.e., staffing, maximize revenues and optimize expenses
- Maintain records management to portal, various applications and applicable drives.
- Supervise timely collection and recording of tenant insurance certificates.
- Assist with tenant events and tenant appreciation initiatives as directed.
- Liaise with building operators and contractors as directed by the Property Manager.
- Tender and administer all regular operating contracts as directed. Update and maintain contract summaries.
- Proactively support BentallGreenOak’s culture of environmental and social responsibility, and lead efforts to demonstrate the organization's commitment to sustainability and responsibility.
- Review energy consumption trends regularly with operations staff
- Assist with setting targets and goals for energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and recycling
- Initial input and liaise with our national Strategic Resources Group on sustainability programs, as support for Property Manager including:
- Building certifications such as Energy Star, BOMA BESt, LEED and WELL Buildings and WIRED
- Forever Green tenant sustainability program
- Eco Tracker input and reporting on energy and waste
- Target setting and tracking for energy consumption
- Sustainability Benchmarking survey and reporting from subsequent diagnostic tool
- Oversee periodic reporting for building operations including:
- Environmental checklist preparation for properties
- Major contract review and analysis in concert with Operations and Property Managers
- Major component checklist annual update
- Chattels lists prepared with Operations staff
- Cyber security reviews and related ongoing tracking
- Administration and reporting using Honest Buildings capital planning software
- Assist with scheduling and tracking OHS training
- Keep abreast of new developments and Industry standards and practices for sustainable building operations by attending industry events and participating in company or industry committees
- Any other duties as required from time to time
Who you are:
- 5+ years of related real estate management experience.
- RPA, FMA designation or post-secondary or undergraduate courses in property management are an asset.
- Superior financial, analytical and research skills.
- Must be able to read and analyze leases and contracts.
- Relationship Skills – Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships at all levels; ability to exercise confidentiality; displays enthusiasm and has a desire to learn; team player
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- Decision Making Skills – Able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach
- Computer Skills – Intermediate to advanced skills in JDE, MS Word, Excel, Microsoft office, Outlook and a natural curiosity and intuitiveness for learning new applications.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.
- Bilingual – Excellent command of French and English (spoken and written.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with BentallGreenOak, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through BentallGreenOak's Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.