Four days course, September 21, 23, 28 and 30
8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Include course manual in English only.
- A seven-module, targeted for commercial real estate property managers with a minimum of 5-10 years of experience.
Classroom instruction from seasoned professionals, reinforced by case studies and student
Guest former: Jean-François Bigras, CPM, RPA, MBA
MEASURING FINANCIAL RETURNS —WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Module 1: Measuring Asset Performance Using Financial Benchmarks
- Real estate as an investment
- Fundamental drivers of real estate as an investment asset class
- Asset manager as team leader and team member Working as a team
- Communicating with the owner/asset manager Monthly reporting
Module 2: Economic and Marketplace Factors Impacting Value
- Macro/microeconomic forces
- Supply/demand and relationship to vacancy and rental rates
- Market factors and evaluating market data
Module 3: Creating a Pro-Forma Cash Flow Analysis
- Calculating Net Operating Income (NOI) and Net Cash Flow (NCF)
- Operating expense ratio
- Evaluating market data and building characteristics to determine income and expense assumptions
Module 4: Measuring Financial Return and Investment Analysis
- Return on Investment (ROI), Calculating value (IRV), Calculating yield/return
- Asset Appreciate/Depreciation
Module 5: CAPITAL MARKETS
- Key players in investment real estate and the role they play in the capital structure
- Asset underwriting valuation strategies (debt and equity participation, joint ventures, general partnerships, etc.)
Module 6: Leverage
- Concept of leverage
Module 7: Case Study—New Lease
- Case Study (group exercise)
DID YOU KNOW?
This activity could be recognized for your continuing education. All you have to do is ask for a certificate of attendance at the end of the activity and submit it to the concerned organization for recognition. Please contact your professional order to validate if the proposed activity is accepted.
**Given the circumstances related to COVID-19, and our physical absence from the BOMA Quebec office, please note that only credit card payments are accepted. Our priority is to quickly confirm your registration and ensure your participation in the activities.
* Can't be paid with ticket