From 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
FREE FOR MEMBERS
- 11:45 to 12:00 PM - Webex connection
- 12:00 to 12:10 PM - Word of welcome
- 12:10 to 12:55 PM – Virtual conference and question period
- 12:55 to 1:00 PM - Closing words of thanks
Guest speaker :
Vincent Chiara, President, Mach Group.
Located at the foot of the Jacques Cartier Bridge, the revitalization of the Radio-Canada ancient site, The Quartier des lumières, is well underway in a neighbourhood currently enjoying a flourishing boom, as the new CHUM hospital, increased access to the waterfront and various real estate development projects clearly indicate. The Quartier des lumières and the rejuvenation of the site and current facilities will give an impressive boost to this key sector in downtown Montreal.
We'll provides detailed information about one of the most ambitious urban renewal projects in Montreal at present.
Learn more about:
- How existing buildings were included as an integral part of the site’s development.
- The public consultation undertaken to foster social acceptance of the project in a historic site.
- The challenges of complying with City of Montreal regulations and requirements.
- The vision that served as the basis for the development of the site.
- The choice or obligation to conserve the existing envelope, and the inherent challenges of the structural reinforcement and energy consumption of the building in order to meet the 2030 energy reduction targets.
- The decision to reduce the project’s commercial offer by half, despite the fact that there is very little commercial space for rent in that sector at present.
- Strategies for the profitability of the social housing portion of the project, in light of current construction costs. Will the occupants of rental condos bear the burden of an indirect increase in the cost of their units?
- Financing maintenance costs for the social housing portion. Given that this type of housing is not subject to contingency funds, the lack of maintenance due to below-market rents generally becomes problematic.
All these topics and more, hope you join us!
* Can't be paid with ticket