The Montreal Tower
3200, rue Viau, Montréal (Québec) H1V 3J3
Detailed Schedule :
- 2:15 to 2:45 p.m. - Registration
- 2:45 to 3:30 p.m. - Presentation 1: The Advantages of Commissioning (In french)
- 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.- Presentation 2: Variable Refrigerant Systems 101 (In french)
- 4:15 to 4:30 p.m. - Break
- 4:30 to 5:15 p.m. - Presentation 3: An Icon Reborn (In french)
- 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. - Facilities visit
- 6:15 to 8 p.m. - Cocktail at the top of the Montreal Tower
Conferences and guest speakers:
- 2:45 to 3:30 p.m. – Presentation 1: The Advantages of Commissioning
Commissioning (verifying that all building systems are operational and up to standard) is one of the most important aspects of projects that involve a building's mechanical systems. It is also the step most often forgotten, which of course has negative impacts on operating costs as well as the comfort of the occupants. Learn about best practices and the various types of commissioning from an expert from BCA (Building Commissioning Association). You'll learn how to better evaluate the costs of a commissioning project and the benefits to be had of doing it well.
Speaker: Sylvain Duprey, National Manager, Commissioning, BGIS
- 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. – Presentation 2: Variable Refrigerant Systems 101
The presentation will provide an overview of the evolution of variable refrigerant technologies over the past few years – the different types of systems that are available, effective implementation, and the advantages, downsides and efficiencies of a variable refrigerant system.
Speaker: Dominique Frenette, Director, Commercial and Residential Markets, Bouthillette Parizeau
- 4:30 to 5:15 p.m. – Presentation 3: An Icon Reborn
Unoccupied ever since its initial construction, Montreal's Olympic Stadium Tower has undergone substantial renovations over the past two years to attract new tenants. The presentation will describe the technical challenges faced by the team in charge of the project. The unique architecture and complex structure of the tower called for considerable ingenuity on the part of the architects and engineers as they worked to create a truly exceptional office tower in east-end Montreal. This is the story of the renaissance of an internationally renowned tower.
Speaker: Maurice Landry, Vice-President, Construction and Maintenance, Parc olympique
- 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. – Facilities visit
Visit the tower and the unoccupied floors after the presentation. Note that there will be no visits of floors occupied by Desjardins.
If you wish to pay with tickets, note that this event requires 2 BOMA Event tickets**.
* Please advise us of any food intolerance or allergy
**Only BOMA Québec members can purchase a 10-ticket BOMA Event booklet. The value of one (1) ticket = $62.50
Registration is mandatory even for ticket holders!
Click here to purchase ticket booklets.
Did you know?
This activity may be eligible for a continuing education credit. At the end of the event, ask for a certificate of attendance and send it to the relevant organization to obtain a credit****.
**** According to the period of reference and the subjects specified in the regulations in effect at that organization. Contact your professional order to make sure that it meets the criteria for a recognized activity.