Role of the Social Responsability commitee :
- Draft and annually revise a donation allocation policy
- Solicit requests for donations, analyze them and submit them with recommendations to the board of directors
- Collaborate with recipient organizations on Earth Day activities
- Identify other social responsibility activities
Committee Members :
- Annik Desmarteau, Ivanhoé Cambridge
- Caroline Phaneuf, Groupe immobilier Oxford
Donations and sponsorship policy :
BOMA Quebec supports charitable organizations that have a connection with the real estate industry and with BOMA members, organizations with a vision, a clear mission and long-term objectives.
- Applications for donations and/or sponsorships are submitted to the Social Responsibility Committee, which analyzes the requests and makes recommendations to the BOMA Quebec board of directors as regards eligible organizations and amounts to be allocated.
- When drafting the annual budget, BOMA identifies an amount to be allocated for donations and sponsorships.
- Every year in October, the board of directors confirms the amount of donations to be paid, and the Social Responsibility Committee identifies the recipient organizations.
- Notwithstanding the above, the Social Responsibility Committee may submit to the board a request to approve an application for a donation if it deems the request appropriate.